Historical Geerlofs

Geerlofs Refrigeration was established in 1933 by mr. R. Geerlofs. As a dealer of an American supplier, the company installed the first mechanical refrigerating equipment as an alternative to the use of ice blocks.

In 1961 mr. Peter Geerlofs was the third Geerlofs family member to become Managing Director. He moved the company from the centre of The Hague to the present location at the Delftweg in Rijswijk, The Netherlands. Since 1989 Geerlofs also has an office in the North of the Netherlands.

geerlofs_building_rijswijk

The company rapidly extended its business from building cold stores for flowers and flower bulbs to designing, installing and maintaining cold stores and freezer stores for all kinds of perishable products like flowers, flower bulbs, vegetables, potatoes, fruits, meat and fish. With this Geerlofs Refrigeration is active in the horticultural and agricultural businesses as well as food processing and research (tissue culture laboratories and growing rooms).

In the time between then and now our technical capabilities have increased and our presence in the world has widened. With offices in China, Ethiopia, Kenya, Russia and Singapore and agents and partners in many other countries, we are always close to you.

Since 2009 Geerlofs Refrigeration is member of the Smeva Group, a family company active in refrigeration in the entire fresh food chain.